In order to make a fence pool code compliant, it should meet certain safety standards and regulations. These may vary by state and municipality, but some common requirements include:
- Height: The fence should be at least 4 feet tall to prevent children from climbing over it.
- Materials: The fence should be made of durable materials that will not break or collapse easily.
- Gaps: The fence should not have any gaps or openings larger than 4 inches to prevent children from squeezing through.
- Gates: The fence should have self-closing and self-latching gates to prevent unauthorized access to the pool.
- Maintenance: The fence should be regularly inspected and maintained to ensure it is in good working condition.
It is important to check with your local building code regulations to ensure that your fence meets all necessary requirements for pool code compliance.